Raised Rowdy Contributor and Able To Count To 5
With the new year comes resolutions. We’re all going to get more sleep, lose weight, and call our moms everyday. Let’s be real, none of those are going to happen. Sorry mom. Here are my top 5 resolutions for 2019.
Top 5 Resolutions for 2019
- Go to more concerts. I don’t know if it’s physically possible to attend more concerts this year, but like Jimmie Allen says “I’ll give it my best shot”. Being a Leap Year, I feel like 366 concerts is a real nice, round number for 2019.
- Buy more merch. Do I need another tee shirt to add to my 100-plus collection? You’re damn right I do! When you wear a different artists tee to a show it can function as good conversation starter. Next time you see someone with a concert tee ask them about it, you might become best friends. Last but not least, it supports the artists and that’s what we’re all here to do.
- Discover more music. While I managed to listen to a boat load of music, I feel like there is always room for more. Nicky T streamed a 40 hour week, 10 hours overtime (imagine Jon Pardi singing that) of Riley Green alone last year. Now that’s a goal! If you want to be the first to hear the next big thing, you either listen to the Raised Rowdy Playlist or scour the internet listening to the stuff no one else is playing. There are approximately 8,784 hours this year, so factoring in sleep I feel like 8,000 is a reasonable number of hours to stream.
- Make more Rowdy Friends. You can never have too many friends, especially when you are at a show. I have found that the most difficult thing to do is get to the bar or bathroom and back when you are front row at a show. This is where your front row family and friends come in handy for saving your spot. So, my goal is to make at least 1 friend at each show this year. If successful, I should be able to pack out an entire theater with friends in 2020.
- Attend more songwriter sessions. We all know the lyrics that make up the songs we love. Everyone interprets these words to fit the different emotions or events going on in our lives. Attending songwriters’ sessions gives a behind the scenes look into the authors life experience/inspiration and can put whole new spin on the song. You never know what crazy story sparked your favorite song, like Shane McAnally and Kenny Chesney getting drunk on an island and writing a song about it. Upon further review, getting drunk on an island with Shane and Kenny (writing a number 1 is optional) is now on my Top 5 Resolutions for 2019.
To sum it up, listening to more music and being a better concert goer are basically my goals for 2019. Let us know your resolutions for 2019.
PS – If you have any leads on how to get on an island with Shane and Kenny hook me up!